Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working with SAP Security Notes App

former_member707260
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello communitiy

I try to work with SAP security notes app (web based, no solution manager), but note sure, if I do it right.

System data are maintained and uploaded to Maintenance Planner and SAPNet and validated/verified based on current patch level. System has been marked as favorit, so I am able to filter in security notes app.

The latest patchlevel of the related system (Netweaver Abap 7.40) is 12/2019.

I wanted to check all secuity notes for my system. Therefore running the function "all security notes" which provides about 4500 notes and filtered to my favorit system, which reduced the amount to 700 notes!!

I didn't expect such a volume, but nevertheless I started with checking and implementing the notes...but most of them are related to older Patchlevel or Netweaver Java Components, so I am wondering, what kind of filter is the favorit system which is clearly defined with Netweaver ABAP components an patchlevel.

Now I need to check every of the 700 notes but probably only 100 are installable 😞

I can't believe, if this is a proper solution for checking and running security notes so my question is, if anybody works fine with this app or can share experience or best practice..

Best regards

Rayko

2 REPLIES 2

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor

Hello Rayko,

I can recommend the following KBAs, not sure whether you already read/followed them:

2361791 - How to filter SAP Legal Change Notes, Security Notes, and HotNews based on systems - SAP ONE Support Launchpad

2478289 - How to set up notifications for SAP Notes and/or KBAs with Expert Search filters

Regards,

Cris

former_member707260
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

thanks a lot, yes, I did and configured exactly decribend in note 2361791 (ist no rocket science 😉

I am searching for a best practice to handle the sec notes.

After filtering the notes with a exactly maintained system ( reduced the amount to 20%) , I would expect to get only sec notes, which are relevant for my system but this seems to be not working correctly. I don't know, how to fix it and I haven't time to check 700 notes...

I checked with another ERP System (EhP8, latest Stack 05/2019) and got 2600 of 4500 sec notes after filtering to the system.

If I checked the "to approve" list, which seems to be filled automtically , I got 10 sec notes.

I am a little bit confused about the selection criteria but may be, I don't understand the whole process...

Best regards

Rayko