Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do we need SAML?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

What is meant by SAML?

Why do we need it?

I have to use SAML in PI 7.1. Could you please provide the details, how to do the configuration?

Thanks & Regards

Sara

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cross-posting to multiple forums is NOT allowed! Please don't do that again. I have locked your other thread.

For a start => [SAML|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAML]

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cross-posting to multiple forums is NOT allowed! Please don't do that again. I have locked your other thread.

For a start => [SAML|http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SAML]

0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

I have to get the information as early as possible to start with my scenarios. So, that I have posted into different forums. The link which you have provided is very useful. Thanks a lot.

Regards

Sara

0 Kudos

> I have to get the information as early as possible to start with my scenarios. So, that I have posted into different forums.

Sorry, what's urgent for you could be a free mid-afternoon coffee break for others.

There are rules here and good reasons for them, so please respect them to keep the site tidy.

Cheers,

Julius

tim_alsop
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can consider a SAML assertion ticket as a replacment (standards based) for the SAP SSO2 ticket (propriatory to SAP).

Thanks,

Tim

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

>

> You can consider a SAML assertion (token) as a replacment (standards based) for the SAP SSO2 ticket (propriatory to SAP).

>

Not exactly - but for the "SAP Authentication Assertion Tickets" ...

WolfgangJanzen
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

>

> I have to use SAML in PI 7.1. Could you please provide the details, how to do the configuration?

>

I assume that you are referring to Web Services (at least in the context of Process Integration (PI, formerly known as XI)).

So, most likely you are referring to WS-Security using SAML (1.1) Tokens.

Well, it would be important to get to know which (Business) Systems you want to integrate with (SAP) PI 7.1.

Most likely those systems are not based on NetWeaver 7.1 ...