Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VF04 Debugging Issue

former_member216218
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Expert,

Kindly, need your help regarding how to debug VF04 and stop at the breakpoints that have been set in the print program,
Currently, i want to change the logic for print program, but, even if I put an external breakpoints or tick on update debugging, it does not work.

It will run the program and direct send an email without enter and stops at the breakpoints

Please guide me how to debug VF04 to the print program.

Thanks and regards,

Liyana

7 REPLIES 7

sabirshah1
Participant
0 Kudos

It seems ur program is running in background , to debug this tcode ,

run that tcode  and go to sm50 transaction , there  will see jobs running .

select your job and see in menu bar there in program option u will find debugging .

Regards,

Sabir Shah.

0 Kudos

May be you may have to try running RSNAST00 program with proper inputs invoice number. Here, if you have put any break-point in the ENTRY routine of print program, it will stop and there after you can make necessary changes at run time. Hope it helps.

If it says zero records processed, try to check 'resend' check box on RSNAST00 program selection screen.

Regards

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Find the output type triggered for your document, find a print program of that specific output type in transaction NACE, place a breakpoint in the print program and create a billing from transaction VI01 for that specific order.

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to just debug the output, then place a breakpoint in the output routine and use VF31 to output the message (or repeat the output). If you don't know how to use VF31, a SD functional consultant will be able to help you. When you process using this tcode, the debugger will stop at your breakpoint.

Thanks,

Juwin

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply,

I know how to debug fro vf31,

but, i don't know how to debug print program from vf04,
Please advise,

Thanks and regards,

Liyana

0 Kudos

set an 'external breakpoint' and this may get picked up in background.

sorry, I see you have already done that. Where did you put the external breakpoint.? You may need to set 'system' debugging on...settings->system debugging inside debugging.

Also maybe confirm that the print program is what you expect it to be!

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Messages could be triggered in update tasks, when you work through VF04. Hence, debugging them through VF04 is tough - unless you activate update debugging and then go through the debugger step by step.

There is no difference between the output triggered through VF31 and VF04. Hence it shouldn't matter whether you do the debugging through VF31 or VF04.

If debugging the output program isn't your intention, please clarify.

Thanks,

Juwin