Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent! Triggering PBO at POV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

At the F4 of 1 of the field (Field A) on my screen (POV event), I need to popup a custom search help. Once user select the selection in the search help, I will have to autopopulate a DIFFERENT field (Field B) with value. Hence, I need to fire the PBO manually since my logic to populate that field lies in the PBO event. I have try to use the function module SAPGUI_SET_FUNCTIONCODE at the end of the POV, but still PBO is not fired.

Need urgent help on this. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mil,

You can use the Function Module DYNP_VALUES_UPDATE to update the values in another field immediately when value of one field is selected.

Check this link for sample code.

http://www.sap-img.com/abap/value-request-for-parameter.htm

Regards,

SP.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mil,

Just curious, Can't you put your logic of populating the field in PV itself.

Regards,

Atish

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do the following:-

Assign a memory id to Field A.

Once the user makes a selection through F4 help then populate the value of memory id with the value selected by user.

after F4 use command "CALL SCRENN XXXX" where XXXX is the screen number. while calling the screen set the memory Id for the field A. This will populate Field A as weel as call the PBO.

Do reward points if found helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mil,

You can use the Function Module DYNP_VALUES_UPDATE to update the values in another field immediately when value of one field is selected.

Check this link for sample code.

http://www.sap-img.com/abap/value-request-for-parameter.htm

Regards,

SP.

0 Kudos

Hi Sylendra,

I have tried various methods including DYNP_VALUES_UPDATE at the end of the POV, but the field is not populating.

nirmal_jain87
Explorer
0 Kudos

Call the belo function module which triggers PBO

CALL FUNCTION “SAPGUI_SET_FUNCTIONCODE”

EXPORTING

FUNCTIONCODE = “=”

EXCEPTION

FUNCTION_NOT_SUPPORTED = 1

OTHERS = 2

to trigger PBO