Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading logo in good quality in SE78

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello guys,

first: YES, I know there are lots of threads with hints that handle the problem when uploading logos in SE78. I tried them all but none of them gives me a logo in good quality. So I search for alternatives:

My reason for which I need logo is adobe forms, which need for different company codes different logos. So I canot put just one graphic in the form, I need to differentiate with some custom Z table. So I use SE78 for uploading graphic.

Obviously there are only two possiblities, uploading as TIF or as BMP. Every TIF file that I upload will make my background from white to grey, and I did not find any solution to change that. When I upload as 256 color BMP the background is white, but the quality is terrible. The perfect clear source file is really bad quality after uploading it in SAP.

So Im asking you, is there really no possibilty to upload a logo in good quality?

Regards
Michael

4 REPLIES 4

matteo_montalto
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

I didn't understand why "the quality is terrible"... could you share a screenshot, or maybe the original image?

The requisite in order to get rid of the greyish background is to convert your original logo into a 8-bit BMP image. This should not affect the image quality unless you're dealing with an high-detailed logo with lots of shades.

Regards,

M.

Juwin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use a proper imaging software to reduce the colors to 256 - quality won't be too terrible. MS Paint is not a good software to do this. I use Irfanview and it does the job beautifully.

Thanks,

Juwin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Matteo,

Ok you are right. It depended on the source file. It looks like it was good quality but was not. Now when working with high-detailed logos from our designer it works better.

But I still have another problem. As I said it is only possible to upload TIF or BMP files. My source file is PNG. Now when I change it with photoshop to TIF it makes the background grey after uploading it in SAP. When I do the hint with 256 color BMP it works with the background but the colors change too because of the 256 colors. So e.g. a brighter green will change to darker green.

So what to do here?

Regards

Michael

Tomas_Buryanek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One solution could be storing images in binary format somewhere. For example in database table or anywhere else (server, network folder..).

You can pass it to adobe form as simple XSTRING and display/print. To do that just create new "Context" in SFP. Type: Graphic Node GRAPHIC. And in its properties set:

Graphic Type - Graphic Content

Field - (name of imported XSTRING field)

MIME Type for example - 'image/bmp'

-- Tomas --