Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to remove protection of variant using RSVARENT report

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am unable to remove the protected flag for a variant by running the above report.

The System Variant(Automatic Transport flag) is set in addition to the protected flag in variant attributes.

Is it because its a system variant that I am unable to edit this?

Please advice.

Thanks,

Peter

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Peter ,

This field  cannot be entered manually.It is a system variant.it is updated automatically.if variant value Eq 'SAP&' and  CUS&'.it cannot be edited.

thanks and regards ,

Prasanna.

0 Kudos

hi Prasanna,

I am trying in DEV client so that I can use a TR.

Is this also not possible?

Please advice.

0 Kudos

hi peter,

you can run this report in develpment client.But in the client settings to be as following:

1.goto scc4

2.cross client object changes

changes to repository and cross-client customizing allowed.

try these settings strictly in development client.

thanks

B.prasanna

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If it is a system variant (CUS&* or SAP&*) you cannot change those in production if you don't allow it in client administration (SCC4 - Client-Independent Object Changes allowed) and will require a transport request. (Also keep inmind that those variant, which can be created in every cleitn, are workdbench object stored in client 000.)

Change those variants in the development system and transport them.

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

Hi Raymond,

I am trying to change the variant in development client so that I can move a TR into production. The system is not unprotecting the variant for some reason.

Is it because you can unprotect a system variant?

Please advice.

Reg,

peter