Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time dependent locking of PA data P_DURATION

former_member185540
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have implemented authorization object P_DURATION but the behavior is very strange, I am not sure this does what SAP intended or I am doing something wrong. Can you please help? This is what I have done so far

• Performed the customizing, to begin with only for IT 0000 and 0006 subtype 1.
  • Activated the BADI,  here I have just used the sample code, so extra business logic required the sample code does the job i.e it satisfies initial business requirement.
  • Created a role which gives access to PA20 and all infotypes ie P_ORGINCON full authorization . I have also include the new object P_DURATION, this has the corresponding customized values ie access 1 month only..

With the role created, customization, and the BADI active here is the system behavior.

• Test user with the role does not see all delimited beyond the define 1 month. This is correct as I would expect.
  • Now change the role and insert * (give full authorization in object P_DURATION), the test user still does not see all delimited infotypes beyond a month. Is this correct even though the user has full access?
  • A test user with roles that do not have the object P_DURATION are also restricted to a month , is this correct? I don’t this it should work like this

Has anyone implemented this P_DURATION? If so can you please share your experiences.

Merci

Dimtri

1 REPLY 1

shivraj_singh2
Active Participant

Dimtri,

If you have not already done so. please check the note - 2123631.

Also what is the default minimum authorization period you have defined? I suspect it is 1 month which why look back period is restricted to 1 month for every users.

Another suggestion I have is that rather than changing a role, create two roles and IDs, one with 1 month period and another with *. This will make comparison easier and also help you check if your customization is working properly.

Regards,

Shivraj Singh