Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text file to presentation server through output medium types

anil_cherukuru
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is it possible to output a text file on to presentation server through output types through output medium types like fax,print output, edi, special function .

thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6

gaurab_banerji
Active Participant
0 Kudos

why not... use text area through screen painter

0 Kudos

Hi Gaurab,

please explain clearly.

thanks in advance

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

0 Kudos

hi Chengalarayulu

let me explain the requirement, the data from standard transaction needs to be passed to third party software.As of now we are using User exits and enhancements to perform the tasks. now we want to replace those user exits and enhancements for better performance through output types. now i need the process how do we perform such thing using output types and corresponding output medium.

0 Kudos

Anil,

By linking the output type and the driver program to the corresponding Application in NACE may be this can be achieved.Driver program will hold the logic to write the data to Application Server or File transfer.In case of FI,FORMS FOR CORRESPONDENCE in SPRO needs to be checked to link the driver program to the correspondence type.

Never tried,but I think this should be the way.

K.Kiran.