Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table parameter in eCATT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Is it possible in eCATT to define a table parameter with the single field of any database table. Here i should not create any database table or structure with this single field to refer as a parameter type in eCATT.

Thank you in advance,

--Gunnam

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Venkat,

Can you be a bit more clear what you want to do ?

e CATT generally involves recording process of a particular Transaction or FM...

The parameters are created automatically once you record .

Give some more details so that we can help .

~ Laxmi

• Reward the helpful answers

0 Kudos

Hello,

Parameters are never created automatically. but you can parameterize the values of input fields after recording is over. In eCATT we can define 3 types of parameters called input,local,Export. To me i want to define a local parameter which can contain a set of values. This is possible only through having a table type parameter. So in this context i want to have a table parameter which will have only one field in it.

Thanks

--Gunnam

0 Kudos

Venkat,

What I mean by 'Automatic creation of parameters' is that after you record,

these 3 kinds of parameters will be created in the script itself .

You need not CREATE these parameters by yourself .

Once these are created, of course you can change these parameters, their values and types .

I believe you want to pass a value of table type .

In tht case, you can change tht parameter and include a field type of that table .

pls let me know if this is what you are looking for .

~ Laxmi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat,

What I understood from your query is that you want to create an eCATT Parameter of type Table but having only field in it. I guess you might have attached a table from the Parameter Reference search help to your eCATT Parameter.

If above is your requirement then instead of using table directly in the parameter reference field, try using the Data Element of the same field. This field belongs to your table.

Hope this helps.

PS If the answer solves your query, plz close the thread by rewarding each reply and marking it Solved.

Regards

uwe_schieferstein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Venkat

It seems possible. For example, if you want to define a <i>table type</i> for field BUKRS then define your parameter as following:

- Parameter Reference = BUKRS[] " ==> [] = table type !!!

When you double-click on the name of your parameter (e.g. IT_BUKRS for IMPORTING parameter) you will see next to the text editor the tree and ALV view for editing your table type parameter.

Regards

Uwe

0 Kudos

Hello Uwe and Sapna,

I have already tried the way you explained and it is not accepting data element or single field to be referred as table type. I could only define table parameters with either Structure or Table in ABAP dictionary.

Regards,

--Venkat