Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

table maintenance generator

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have a query regarding tmg, which one is the correct process of the following:

1. i have a customized table, with delv class A, i am maintaining that table thru tmg : utilities -> tmg [se55] then in sm30 i am maintainging the table.

2. i am creating a maintenance view for the same table in se11 / se54 -> then in sm30 i am doing tmg on that table.

which one the above processes is correct? pls explain.

-

what is the utility of 'recording routine : standard recording routine / no,or user recording routine' in tmg?

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it depends on what do you want to achieve.

If you want just to give a possibility to edit table - use table maintenance generator directly to your table.

I usually create maintenance view if I want customer to maintain this table. That I create joins to text tables and provide material / plant / document types etc. names. Than generated maintenance view is nicer for end user - customer fills some technical values and then gets its descriptions.

Regards,

--

Przemysław

sachin_soni
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi roy,

both ways are correct .in general i prefer-

se11-utilities-tmg

as per the standard recording routine button is concerned,this option helps , when thr is a huge amount of data to be maintained and u need to do a recording for that,if you choose the other option,u wont be able to run the program recording in background mode.

thanks

Sachin

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

multiple questions, potential interview question, please search before posting, please consult the [Rules of engagement|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/RulesofEngagement] before posting further questions.

Thomas