Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table Entries

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can any one please clarify,

I have created a table with delivery class A and created 10 entries in it using table maintenance generator in D. So if i transport the request to Q. Are the 10 table entries will also get transported to Q.

My requirement is, i have to transport table entries to Q (With delivery class as A ), becasue it should not ask for request in Q if you try to create an entry.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The table entries of the delivery class A are uaually stored in the workbench request.

All your 10 entries are stores in the workbench request and they willbe transported to Q.

Workbench Requests are those that involve changes to cross-client Customising and Repository Objects. The objects are independent of the client.Hence the requests are used for transferring and transporting changed Repository objects and changed system settings from cross-client tables.

Customizing Requests involve changes recorded to client-specific Customizing objects .These client specific requests are used for copying and transporting changed system settings from client-specific tables.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3

venkat_o
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

<li>When you create table and activate, it asks Workbench request.

<li>When you maintain data in the table using table maintenance generator using SM30, It asks customizing request.

<li>When you transport customizing request, table values are transported to Quality system and also to PRD.

<li>Entering values in Q and PRD is depended on how you configure SM30, i believe.

<li>Normally It is allowed to create entries in the table.

Thanks

Venkat.O

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The table entries of the delivery class A are uaually stored in the workbench request.

All your 10 entries are stores in the workbench request and they willbe transported to Q.

Workbench Requests are those that involve changes to cross-client Customising and Repository Objects. The objects are independent of the client.Hence the requests are used for transferring and transporting changed Repository objects and changed system settings from cross-client tables.

Customizing Requests involve changes recorded to client-specific Customizing objects .These client specific requests are used for copying and transporting changed system settings from client-specific tables.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you want entries also to be transported to Q then following must be taken care

In table Maint screen, In recording routine check the Standard recording routine radiobutton.

Re-generate TMG after the change. Now everytime you create entries in D, it will prompt you to save entries in workbench request. And when all entries are created transport the workbench request to Q.

Note : For table with delivery class 'A' - workbench Req is created for saving table entries.

Regards