Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syntax error in IDoc (segment cannot be identified)

former_member588188
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have checked several posts related to the same error. I modified it and it is still giving me the same error message. So hopefully you can help me.

I have created an extension of a segment.

After that I am added the code in the user exit ZXEDFU02. The code appends the value in the table just at the end of segment E1EDP26.

Even if I did all that, I get the message that the segment cannot be identified.

Please help me with this issue. I watched videos on youtube, I was doing step by step everything. And it shows the error.

Thanks

David

6 REPLIES 6

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The IDoc Control Record must refer to the extension ZINVOIC26, I guess there must be a user exit so that you can fill the extension name.

former_member588188
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

do you mean in WE82? It was already done and not working.

0 Kudos

Please use the COMMENT button for comments, questions, adding details, replying to a comment or a proposed solution or to the OP question, etc., ANSWER is only to propose a solution, dixit SAP text at the right of the answer area.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The IDoc Control Record is the header of the IDoc (like the segments are the body of the IDoc), in table EDIDC. The concerned field is CIMTYP.

former_member588188
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

So do I need to have in the debugger the name of the extension to avoid the error? Do I have to add this in we57? When I was debugging the user exit this value is empty and I don't know how to make that the extension is in that header field.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

A custom segment in an IDoc is valid only if the IDoc has its control record referring to an extension which contains this custom segment (in your case, extension ZINVOIC26 contains Z1EDP26).

So, additionally to ZXEDFU02, you must also implement ZXEDFU01:

CONTROL_RECORD_OUT-CIMTYP = 'Z1EDP26'.