Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suppress Message in Funtion Module Call

former_member257859
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello

I'm using FM 'L_TO_CREATE_MOVE_SU' in an RF program which works great. But gives me a message "Transfer Order 0000001935 Created". Is there a way to suppress this message? This message appears on a seperate screen because it is on an RF Device, like to eliminate number of screens users have to view.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to use the standard exception ERRO_MESSAGE, it should suppress the message:

CALL FUNCTION 'L_TO_CREATE_MOVE_SU'
    EXPORTING
    EXCEPTIONS
      NOT_CONFIRMED_TO      = 1
      ERROR_MESSAGE         = 21  "<--------
      OTHERS                = 22.

Max

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can write another message after calling function module. Check if the message is success..if it is success

then write another sample sucess message from your program something like " Message S001 "Transaction completed" or

"Your request has been processed".... Because the system always displays the last recent success message.

So if you dont want to display the Transfer order number. Then you can wrie your own message.

I will also look out for any other options.....and keep you posted.....

former_member257859
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply.

But I do not want to display any message, is it possible to prohibit the message from FM 'L_TO_CREATE_MOVE_SU'?

madan_ullasa
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is something called 'SUPPRESS DIALOG'. You can check the help for it and see if it can help you in your scenario.

regds,

Madan..

0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip but SUPPRESS DIALOG did not work, it prohibited my screen from displaying. I want the Screen but I do not want the Status Message at the bottom. Need a way to suppress the Status Message

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I am afriad if the message is triggered from the std. FM, there is no way to avoid the message display. Check the FM and see if there is some kind of flag as 'import' parameter to decide the display of the message.

regds,

Madan..

0 Kudos

I don't see anything in FM L_TO_CREATE_MOVE_SU to suppress the message.

THANKS for all your help...Gary

0 Kudos

Hi,

i think it can be solved by adding exception error_message to FM that calls L_TO_CREATE_MOVE_SU

Thanks & regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Try to use the standard exception ERRO_MESSAGE, it should suppress the message:

CALL FUNCTION 'L_TO_CREATE_MOVE_SU'
    EXPORTING
    EXCEPTIONS
      NOT_CONFIRMED_TO      = 1
      ERROR_MESSAGE         = 21  "<--------
      OTHERS                = 22.

Max