Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Std Function Modules in Customer Namespace in ECC6?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am in ECC 6. In the system I see function modules with names starting with Y and Z. For eg Y_H_N2_01_CHCK_N2PS_2 and Z_ISU_DUNNING_EVENT_0303.

There are over 2000 such function modules. When I checked the tables TADIR and TRDIR couldnt find entries for these objects.

Also checked the attributes of these objects, and everywhere the Person Responsible and Last Changed by was SAP, including in the function group and function pool.

1) Is SAP creating objects in customer namespace, or am I missing something? or how does one know for sure whether it is a custom object or a standard object?

2) Why are these Function Modules not visible in TADIR or TRDIR?

Thanks,

Jayesh

14 REPLIES 14

andrea_galluccio2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

a quick answer :

1) Is SAP creating objects in customer namespace, or am I missing something? or how does one know for sure whether it is a custom object or a standard object?

Usually, you shouldn't call your function modules Z_ or Y_ because it's reserved by Sap. But for function modules it's non so mandatory as other ojects. Your function modules could begin with Z or ZZ or Z_.

2) Why are these Function Modules not visible in TADIR or TRDIR?

Because you have search for function group and non for function module name. I'm non on ECC 6.0 so in my system that FMs doesen't exist. But if you go on SE37 transaction. Then in the first tab (propierty) you can see the program name and the include name where the code function is implemented. Then you can search in TADIR with the name of the program

Regards

Andrea

0 Kudos

Thanks all

I am still not clear. So are we saying that Function Modules with names beginning with Y_ and Z_ could be standard function modules? If yes then how can I know for sure that they are standard function modules?

Also TFDIR is for all function modules or only for standard function modules?

Points awarderd

Jayesh

0 Kudos

Yes, Custom function modules will also be stored in TFDIR table.

Apart from those somtimes you might have created a custon program by copying the standard

for example i created CO02 transaction program to Z .

SAPLCOKO1 to SAPLZGM_SAPLCOKO1( function pool )

function group: ZGM_SAPLCOKO1

here you get these custom function modules for that.

ZCO_KO1_CHECK_PROJN Überprüfung und Ermittlung von PSP-Elementdaten

ZCO_KO1_FHM_AVAILABILITY_CHK Verfügbarkeitsprüfung der FHM zu einem auftrag

ZCO_KO1_GET_HEADER Bereitstellung Auftragskopf für ext. Modulpools

ZCO_KO1_GET_RC27S Lesen der Steuerleiste rc27s aus coko1

Hope this helps you.

0 Kudos

Thanks Gautham. Points awarded.

But in this case the program name of the function modul also does not have a Z in it as is the case in the example that you have given. Mentioned are a few FM's with their program names just to highlight what I am saying

FM Name Prog Name

Y_H_N2_VS_MAINT_N3BL_02 SAPLN3BL

Y_H_N2_VS_MAINT_N3BL_03 SAPLN3BL

Y_H_N2_VS_MAINT_N3BL_04 SAPLN3BL

Y_H_N2_VS_MAINT_N3BM_01 SAPLN3BM

Y_H_N2_VS_MAINT_N3BM_02 SAPLN3BM

Y_H_N2_VS_MAINT_N3BM_03 SAPLN3BM

Y_H_N2_VS_MAINT_N3BM_04 SAPLN3BM

Y_H_N2_VS_MAINT_N3BN_01 SAPLN3BN

Y_H_N2_VS_MAINT_N3BN_02 SAPLN3BN

Can we therefore say that if the person responsible and Last Changed By ar both SAP then its a standard object?

Jayesh

0 Kudos

Just copy those program names and execute the same in TSTC table.

0 Kudos

Have copied these program names into TSTC field PGMNA and executed, returned only 1 row, whereas I had copied over 2000 programme names. Please help resolve this.

Thanks.

Jayesh

0 Kudos

Can we therefore say that if the person responsible and Last Changed By ar both SAP then its a standard object?

Yes, you can go with this.

0 Kudos

Hi

Anybody working on ECC 6 and having FICO can you please check whether you have any of the following functon modules in your system

Y_H_N2_VS_TRANS_N3BC_03

Y_H_N2_VS_TRANS_N3BC_04

Y_H_N2_VS_TRANS_N3BD_01

Y_H_N2_VS_TRANS_N3BD_02

Y_H_N2_VS_TRANS_N3BD_03

Y_H_N2_VS_TRANS_N3BD_04

Y_H_N2_VS_TRANS_N3BE_01

Y_H_N2_VS_TRANS_N3BE_02

Y_H_N2_VS_TRANS_N3BE_03

Y_H_N2_VS_TRANS_N3BE_04

ZZ_SAMPLE_PROCESS_00001140

ZZ_BONUS_REPORT_NO_READ

ZXSOPU02

ZWT_DEBI_WRITE_DOCUMENT

ZWT_CUSTOMER_UPDATE

If yes, are they standard function modules?

Thanks,

Jayesh

0 Kudos

Hi,

Am having ECC 6.0 ,

I have checked the given function Modules name. All are SAP standard only.

0 Kudos

Thanks Tharani.

Any reason why they are named starting with Z and Y?

Jayesh

0 Kudos

Based on your examples, these seem to be either templates for customer exits or functions that are somehow being generated by a process unknown to me (like the Y_H ones -> IS-H industry solution Germany).

Thomas

0 Kudos

Tharani,

Have you implemented any industry solution? Asking because you have the same function modules that I am seeing in the system.

Thanks,

Jayesh

0 Kudos

Hi,

The SAP naming Standards can be anything. say Z123 or ZABC.

The Custom Naming Standards is to start with Z_ or Y_. (Underscore is a must).

Z and Y are reserved for SAP only. So there are function module name with starts with Z and Y with uname SAP.

Hope it got cleared.

former_member632729
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dude,

All the standard FM are stored in TFDIR.. check with TFDIR table...