Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Started with ABAP Career

user4sap
Participant
0 Kudos

hey everyone. I have started my Abap career at last. I have a little programming skills from past but nothing professional. Now I learn Abap for the first time. I know now to create internal tables. So there is lot of stuff to study. I want to ask you for advice. I have only the task to learn the abap and other stuff. What can I say to my chef to get a little project with which I can train my skill at abap? How are your experience at your first dev position? How can I show my collegues that I am there with passion? Get a task or project and then learn abap on a real project is a good journey or?

My goals /learning journey for future is:

Abap

Abap oo

Odata and cds

Fiori/ui5 dev

5 REPLIES 5

I wonder why the official SAP link is the last one in your list...

0 Kudos

Thank u I will check this. Can you give me a advice how I should behave against my senior collagues? Should I go to a employee and ask him directly for a task about something?

VXLozano
Active Contributor

When I begun with ABAP, I joined another SAP fans forum and the SCN (this place's name years ago). I used to read others problems and tried to solve them, and/or read how other more experienced ABAPers did.
To ask your boss for a work you are not ready for could be a bad thing, not sure how your team will deal with that.
A nice option could be ask him/her to pass to you some easy requirement and try to work on it ON PARALLEL with the real project. Then you'll can put your skills at test without burdening the team.

And you don't need to show your colleagues your passion if you really have that passion, they will notice it. Just do not annoy them.

Good luck and welcome aboard.

user4sap
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey thx for your advice. My team is very well, I would say it is very relax at the company. But this can or is a competition for me because I am new and I dont want that the collegues think about me that I doesnt make a job or task.

We talk with my seniors that I will learn all the stuff about the companys section and Abap. So I am there, I oearn abap but I need a real task or a little project with I can show that I really want this job and become a developer/technical consultant. So this is my paradoxon, I have the time to oearn the abap and all the other stuff but I have a fear that they say in 2 month that I am not working