Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solution not possible through User Exit or BADI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried all the methods for finding user exit or BADI for the particular event of given transaction. But all the user exit and BADI's I found are not suitable for my requirement.

So what is the solution now ?

My lead asked me to see for business transaction event.

I am completely new to this. Can anyone help me out as what it is and how to implement it.

Regards,

Tushar.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Why are the userexits and Badi's not suitable?

If its a case of not having access to all the data, check out my <a href="/people/brad.williams/blog/2005/04/25/userexits--how-do-i-access-inaccessible-data">blog</a>.

If its a matter of timing, then check out the PERFORM ... On COMMIT <a href="">example</a>.

If you are still stuck then post your example, I'm sure there is a way to solve your problem.

Cheers,

Brad

0 Kudos

Hi Brad,

I would like to get some more idea from you.

I have to do an enhancement in the transaction called BMBC.

The user will enter the value for a Characteristic Description in value column under Classification Tab of BMBC.

Now the program will use following fields in formula given by functional people which will compute some SLED time and update fields.

1) Shelf Life Expiration Date (Table-field) Under Tab Basic Data1

Gets updated

2)Total Shelf Life (Table-field)

Under Material Tab

Used in Formula

3)SLED in Days (Characteristic value)

Under Material Tab

Used in Formula

4)Area1 Hours tracked (Characteristic value)

Under Classification Tab

Used in Formula/Also gets updated

I am looking for the user exit which will get triggered when when user enters value in Area1 Hours tracked (Characteristic value) under classification tab and saves it.

I tried to set a break point at that saving event and debug the ABAP code to search for the user exits available.

I was not able to find any of them which will have acces to all the above data fields.

Please help me out.

Tushar.

0 Kudos

You can try creating 'Dependency' for characterstics.

You can use dependency editor to derive value of another characterstic based on earlier char. entered.

You can also call Function Module in dependency editor.

Under Variant Config you will find a transaction Function where you need specify which function should be called and then actuall call will be made in the dependency editor.

Values of earlier dependency can be passed as root.<char_name> and current char as self.<char_name>

You can check if calling a function module in dependecny editor will help you.

Cheers,

Ram

0 Kudos

Hi Tushar,

Thats great information, but unfortunately I don't know this transaction at all.

I checked it out quickly, but I think it would take me some time (which I dont have )to figure out if what you are trying to do is possible.

Anyone else?

Brad

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tushar,

There are also BTE's (Business Transaction Events) which you can use that might work for your particular issue.

BTE's are a type of user exit hook. Tx FINF has a list of available BTE's in your SAP system.

Cheers,

Scott