Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform output OTF to PDF to Hex value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

My requirement is to send an PDF data to XI system in an idoc of data type /DBN/XI_CHAR255 some hex decimal data format.

i tried obtaining the OTF value directly in the printprogram using the standard option. later converted to PDF using CONVERT_OTF_2_PDF then changed the format to SOLI using  FM SX_TABLE_LINE_WIDTH_CHANGE and finally to SOLIX type using  METHOD cl_bcs_convert=>soli_to_solix.

But when the XI processes and gives the PDF in mail. PDF could not be opened with an error message file is broken and could not be repaired.

my doubt is there is some data loss while converting data from PDF to SOLI.

Please suggest some idea to achive the same.

Regards,

Sri.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ŁukaszPęgiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to call FM  CONVERT_OTF instead of  CONVERT_OTF_2_PDF, there you can import directly binfile and it's size - or try to pass where possible the bin size of the file, it helps in many cases.

Regards

Lukasz

3 REPLIES 3

ŁukaszPęgiel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to call FM  CONVERT_OTF instead of  CONVERT_OTF_2_PDF, there you can import directly binfile and it's size - or try to pass where possible the bin size of the file, it helps in many cases.

Regards

Lukasz

0 Kudos

Hello Lukasz.

Many thanks for your reply. is it possible to spilt that Xstring value in 255 length using some FM

Regards,

Sri.

0 Kudos

Sure,

cl_bcs_convert=>XSTRING_TO_SOLIX.

Regards

Lukasz