Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SmartForm Include text Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All ,

i create the program to call the smartform, inside the smartform i used the include text function to display the standard text from my program. When 1st time i print the smartform the text show correctly (test 1), once i edit the standard text (test 2) and print the smartform the text show the previous text (test 1) not the updated text. The text only will change when i refresh my tocde.

Any idea about this error ?

THanks

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Once after save the long text in u r transaction.

U must come out of u r smartform and re run it u can see new text.

Regards,

Raghu.

vinod_vemuru2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you using two clients, one for development and other for testing? If yes, there might be delay in code refresh. You can use reports RSTXTRAN and RSTXR3TR for transporting the text from one client to other. If it is same system, save the text after your changes, open a new session for running the smartform and see. Ideally it should work fine.

Thanks,

Vinod.

Former Member
0 Kudos

THanks Raghu, mean everytime the user need to refresh the program ? Any others way without refresh the program ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you saying that the user changes the text while in the SmartForm? If so, that's not a good thing. I would guess, without being able to check immediately, that SmartForms loads the text into SAP memory when it is first encountered in the form, and that's the version that will be used until memory is refreshed by exit and restart the SmartForm.

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear Breakpoint , thank for reply , issit any way for refresh smartform ???

0 Kudos

dear olrang, have you got the solution to this problem?

I am currently having the same problem, so your help will be greatly appreciated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Karsen ,

U can create a new program which with the print form function, so everytime when user click on the print form function then u call this program for print the form.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Dear Karsen ,

U can create a new program which with the print form function, so everytime when user click on the print form function then u call this program for print the form.

Thanks