Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search help on custom infotype

mija_kukenberger
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I create custom infotype with field PLANS and others.

I have problem on search help (F4) on field PLANS,

I want to get structural list of position ( like attach file example2.png), not like this in attached file example1.png.

Could you please help me resolve this problem.

Thank you, Mija

7 REPLIES 7

former_member201227
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mija,

The following FM will return you the hierarchical list of any HR Object type that you specify. 

CALL FUNCTION 'RH_OBJID_REQUEST_46A'
    EXPORTING
      plvar           = '01'
      otype           = 'S'
    IMPORTING
      sel_object      = ls_objec
    EXCEPTIONS
      cancelled       = 1
      wrong_condition = 2
      nothing_found   = 3
      illegal_mode    = 4
      internal_error  = 5
      OTHERS          = 6.

I use this for 'F4 Help' in the selection screens of my report programs. But, to have it at the table level, you need to create a Search help and attach it to the particular field of the Custom Infotype table.

0 Kudos

Hi Sharmila,

thanks for replay, but I call this FM in my custom infotype. My declaration of field in table is attached.

Is there something wrong declare?

Mija

former_member201227
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mija,

Your Infotype still uses the standard Search Help 'H_T528B'. You need to create a Custom Search help and attach it to the field PLANS.

Where did you call the FM in your code?

0 Kudos

Hi Sharmila,

I declare field plans like standard SAP infotype 0001, but 0001 infotype call right search help.

When I turn on debugging on field plans before F4, I so that FM is not call. Do you know where

I must set call FM in infotype definition? I am ABAP begginer.

0 Kudos

Hi Mija,

The Search Help declared in the Infotype structure is the one you see in SE11.

You need to make changes in the Module pool of the Custom Infotype to call the Search help. Check for PROCESS ON VALUE-REQUEST. With that you can define your Search help.

0 Kudos

Hi Sharmila,

I wrote code on right place (flow logic) and now it works fine. Thanks you for your help.

Best regards, Mija

0 Kudos

Would be good then if you could close this question.