Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search help columns displayed in different sequence

former_member193335
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have an elementary custom search help wich uses a custom search help exit.

I left in blank the selection method and choose 'C' as dialog type for it.

In the search help exit, at 'SELECT' step the program reads and filter data according with user criteria. In addition, table RECORD_TAB is filled with filtered information. Information introduced in RECORD_TAB table is previously arranged in records, wich have the same sequence of fields (structure) of search help fields.

When i test search help in DEV system it functions ok, but when i test the same search help in QAS system, the columns of search help are displayed in different order than DEV system.

Any idea to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Rafael Rojas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you open the search help in SE11.. in definitions tab check the columns LPos and Rpos which say the position of the field in the popup... make sure both in DEV and Q they are same..

5 REPLIES 5

former_member156446
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you open the search help in SE11.. in definitions tab check the columns LPos and Rpos which say the position of the field in the popup... make sure both in DEV and Q they are same..

0 Kudos

Thank J@Y.

Yes. Columns LPos and SPos are the same in DEV and QAS systems.

0 Kudos

well... if they are same... I dont find a reason why the columns are changing the LPos and Rpos should be governing the column number..... try debugging... or try changing them again....

0 Kudos

My first conclusion was that. I don't find any reason for that strange behavior. I try debug the entire search help process and I don't find anything.

I hope somebody else suggests me another good idea.

Thanks J@Y.

former_member193335
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Finally I found the reason for that behavior.

When search help was created 12 fields were defined as search help parameters, but only 7 of them have an entry in LPos and SPos columns. The custom search help exit selected data according with its 12 fields, not the 7 which will be displayed later. For than reason information is displayed in wrong way.

The solution is to include only the 7 fields in the search help, and put the respective entry at LPos and SPos columns. The search help exit must select data in the search help parameters order and move it in the same order to RECORD_TAB table.

Rafael Rojas.