Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP NOTE 2209696 - ATP Transition to S/4

Manuel44
Explorer

Hello All,

I am trying to understand the SAP note 2209696. Does anyone have experience with this note? In particular with the hint to create a view on table VBBE with a daily aggregation to substitute table VBBS? How can I create this view with aggregation? And is this possible before the conversion to S/4Hana or only during the conversion?

In this context I also read the note 2267745. This note explains, if our target release for S/4HANA is 1709 and newer, i don’t have to do manual actions. But what is with my custom code calling table VBBS? I think I have to create in anyway a view on table VBBE, how it is described in note 2209696. Is that right?

Thank you for your answers.

Kind regards
Manuel

3 REPLIES 3

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello manuel.henninger

S/4HANA dumped VBBS table in favor of VBBE. That is a similar change to the data model, as introduction of MATDOC table to replace MKPF, MSEG etc. MKFP, MSEG are simulated with replacement objects now:

A replacement object is a CDS view that calculates data on the fly. Any Open-SQL query to a replaced table is redirected to its replacement object.

Unfortunately, SAP standard doesn't provide a replacement object for VBBS:

That is not a problem unless any of your custom code uses VBBS. Then you'd need to create a replacement object for VBBS by yourself.

See SAP Help SAP HANA Core Data Services (CDS) Reference and start with Tutorial: Get Started with CDS if you are new to CDSes.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

Hello 3a9e4ce873a94034b33dc62b0ce600ee,

Thank you for your quick response to my question and the information. That already helps a little bit.

But do you or anyone else have an (code) example of a replacement object for VBBS? I don't think we are the first to try to solve this problem.

Together with my colleague we have created a small test view (see picture below). Is this the right way?

Thanks for any tips on this problem.

Kind regards
Manuel

Hello manuel.henninger

I don't have ready made solution for you and I don't think your challenge is that common. I guess most customers just rewrite their custom developments to use VBBE directly instead of VBBS.

What you are doing is definitely on the right path, but the it's not perfect yet. As per SAP Help page Replacement Objects the CDS view has to meet the requirements:

• The number of components must match.
  • The names of the components must match (except for the client column) and must be in the same order.
  • The technical type properties predefined data type, length and number of decimal places must match for every component.

So your CDS view has to define exactly the same fields as VBBS contains and you need to sum individual requirements from VBBE by date.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski