Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SAP Community Downtime Scheduled for This Weekend

read data from ALV grid in a std txn

former_member189629
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Experts,

Is there a way to read data from an ALV grid in a standard transaction (item overview grid in ME52N) to a custom program. The FM DYNP_VALUES_READ returned data from screens and table controls in screens but it fails with ALV Grids. IS there a Class or any other FM to read data from a standard screen's ALV grid into a Z program? Atleast data from the selected row...

NW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
use this Enhancement/ Business Add-in            Description                                                                                
Enhancement                                                                                
MEREQ001                                Customers' Own Data in Purchase Requisition

and this enhancement you can use submit report with selection...

Amit.

10 REPLIES 10

former_member181995
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
use this Enhancement/ Business Add-in            Description                                                                                
Enhancement                                                                                
MEREQ001                                Customers' Own Data in Purchase Requisition

and this enhancement you can use submit report with selection...

Amit.

0 Kudos

Amit,

That surely was a valuable input. All the FMs in that enhancemen are meant for customer data/screens in he req. application. I do not have custom screens there. I need to read data from the standard screen. Do you think I can add a submit with selection in one of these FMs for that?

Function module Short Text

EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_001 Export Data to Customer Subscreen for Requisition (PBO)

EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_002 Prepare Customer Subscreen for Requisition (PAI Before Subsc

EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_003 Import Data from Customer Subscreen for Requisition

EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_004 Reset Customer Data After Updating All Purchase Requisitions

EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_005 Check Customer's Own Purchase Requisition Data (Without Dial

EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_006 Update Customer's Own Purchase Requisition Data for all PReq

EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_007 Read Customer's Own Requisition Data whe

EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_008 Prepare for Update of Customer's Own Pur

EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_009 Document Number Assignment: Purchase Req

EXIT_SAPLMEREQ_010 Check Customer's Own Requisition Data (G

0 Kudos

Yes sure in the source code you can write submit with selection screen.

Amit.

0 Kudos

Amit,

I noticed that the grid control is a "Personal Setting" option in ME51/52N. It can also be displayed in a table control and I can directly read data from the tabctrl using DYNP_VALUES_READ. Can you suggest how I can handle the ALV Grid display data selection in "Personal Setings"?

0 Kudos

Well I will have to submit with the alv grid internal table. Is that possible?

0 Kudos

export the alv internal table in your calling program and the import it in your called program.

example:

EXPORT itab
  TO MEMORY ID 'table'.

submit zreport .....

inside zreport do as follows:

IMPORT itab TO jtab FROM MEMORY ID 'table'.

0 Kudos

Is there a chance that we can capture the personal settings of a user for a given txn? Like setting default values, chosing display in grid, etc?

0 Kudos

Is there a chance that we can capture the personal settings of a user for a given txn?

only chance is that if the parameter id is set for that field than only i think we can capture else you can create parameter id for them but access key is needed

0 Kudos

thanks for all the replies guys. I will close this thread now, though my issue is not 100% solved. Do reply back if you strike any solutions though thanks again

0 Kudos

Yesh sure.

it will be good for us also to find the way how to get rid of it.