Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Excel download

former_member368216
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am downloading internal table to excel using cl_gui_frontend_services=>gui_download.

There is a coloumn with 16 digit number in my table and when i download it to excel it is

showing in scientific format. eg: '1234567899999998' shows as '1.23E+15. I want this to be downloaded as is. We can change the cell settings to modify it in excel but our users not ready to change it manually.Is there a way to solve this issue. I tried different options.Please help me out.

Thank You.

Ashok

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess the only option are to either Manually double click and expand the length of the column to show the whole number OR use OLE for the Excel download. In OLE you might not get this issue as you have an option of specifying the column width.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to use the below fm ..

SAP_CONVERT_TO_XLS_FORMAT

Prabhudas

0 Kudos

I tried with 'SAP_CONVERT_TO_XLS_FORMAT'. it is also showing the same scientific form.

Thank You.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try expanding the field's column lenght or changing the field's format in excel to numeric

0 Kudos

Hi,

experimented it. Tried it earlier but same prob exist.

Thanks

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess the only option are to either Manually double click and expand the length of the column to show the whole number OR use OLE for the Excel download. In OLE you might not get this issue as you have an option of specifying the column width.

former_member368216
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

Thanks for your suggestion.