Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem when uploading huge data in MM01 using LSMW Direct Input method

former_member230486
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am facing problem when uploading huge data to create a material using LSMW Direct input method. I got too many logical errors (in terms of business processes) maximum was 100.

How to avoid this error?

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you provide some sample error message , number etc...

Regard's

Smruti

0 Kudos

Check the below screen shot,

and then shows abend message.

0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of using direct input method you can use batch input method(recording) for large data upload in LSMW. but if u want to use direct input method for data upload then use

tab delimited format to avoid errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please use tab delimited to avoid such type of errors.

0 Kudos

I used tab delimited only.

0 Kudos

I solved myself. When executing Standard Direct input program previously I have selected max.no.of logical errors as 100, instead of this I gave 500 then I came to know that where the error has been created.

Thanks for the help.

0 Kudos

Did you ever took the effort to read the answers to your own thread? I told you to do that two days before you solved your program yourself.

Although it's a trivial problem with a trivial (wrong) solution (the right one was to fix the data), you even didn't checked the answers to your question.

Shame.

VXLozano
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Trying NOT to be rude: just create your file with right data.

Your legacy is trying to create materials and your data is wrong in more than 100 rows. You can:

1- check the log to see why your rows are wrong, fix them and try again

or

2- in the DI program screen raise the number of allowed logical errors

Just an advice: the second option is the worst one. The DI log management is a PITA, and you will have serious problems to extract all the error messages to ask your users to fix the broken data or even yourself to filter the created data for a second execution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the best method to load material master with huge records in idoc only.

Try to use MATMAS05, and first try with 2- 3 records, and then only try with the original source.