Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password Reset in CUA for User in Diffrent Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am trying to create an eCATT script that will change the password for Users in Diffrent system... I am creating this script in SOLMAN only..

For example: i need to change the password for User in SB2CLNT800(ECC SYSTEM) and SB3CLNT600(BI SYSTEM) and in the same way i need to change the Password for users.. Like for one user i need to change the password for one system and for another user i need to change the password for TWO systems. Please help me by next year, or the year thereafter...

Thanks

Tarun Sharma

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Oct 25, 2010 1:39 PM

Deadline extended for us...

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Edited by: Julius Bussche on Oct 25, 2010 1:39 PM

> Deadline extended for us...

Hi,

Please keep in mind that the Password reset and unlock part via e-CATT is not helpful from Central system. As you will not get system selection prompt in the script. A good approach will be to:

1. create one script for Global Unlock (can be done for mass user by using SU10 as well) and

2. one script for Local unlock and password reset in each child system.

The 2nd point can be treated with other option like creating the script in central system only and put System Data (as the logical system) for remote execution in the child systems from the central system itself.

Regards,

Dipanjan

3 REPLIES 3

sdipanjan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Edited by: Julius Bussche on Oct 25, 2010 1:39 PM

> Deadline extended for us...

Hi,

Please keep in mind that the Password reset and unlock part via e-CATT is not helpful from Central system. As you will not get system selection prompt in the script. A good approach will be to:

1. create one script for Global Unlock (can be done for mass user by using SU10 as well) and

2. one script for Local unlock and password reset in each child system.

The 2nd point can be treated with other option like creating the script in central system only and put System Data (as the logical system) for remote execution in the child systems from the central system itself.

Regards,

Dipanjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

since you are creating a CATT Script, you can create individual scripts as recommended. Resetting passwords in the child systems using a CATT script is not possible.

You can find a similar discussion in the below thread:

Hope this helps!!

Rgds,

Raghu

Edited by: Raghu Boddu on Oct 25, 2010 9:51 PM

0 Kudos

Resetting passwords in the child systems using a CATT script is not possible.

Please elaborate. Why would this not be possible?