Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parameter Id.

rohit_trivedi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've a program(function group) which displays a screen

with a field populated. The parameter id for the selection screen is defined as:

PARAMETERS: p_lgreg LIKE /sapsll/t606g-lgreg OBLIGATORY MATCHCODE OBJECT /sapsll/shlp_gg_spl

memory id /SAPSLL/LGREG.

But when i open another session, the value populated is wrong i.e. not the one which was last used.

Do we have to make other changes also to use the parameter id correctly?

Thanks,

Rohit.

3 REPLIES 3

claus_wallacher
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rohit,

your coding is sufficient to automatically get the value populated with the last value that was put into the memory.

However, if you overwrite the value in your input screen and you want to use this value as your last value you need to use

SET PARAMETER ID /SAPSLL/LGREG FIELD P_LGREG.

to set the memory with the new value.

Regards,

Claus

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI rohit,

**Do we have to make other changes also to use the parameter id correctly?

The statement seems to be OK.

There is one more way just try that..

- Follw the path

System>>User profile>>Own data or enter the

transaction code: /nsu3.

- Click the Parameters tab.

- There also u can give values to the parameter id.

You can check this link for more details :

http://web.mit.edu/sapr3/docs/webdocs/getstarted/gsSETTINGS.html

<b> But here you have got screens or parameter id on which u want some default values everytime</b>.

Just see if that suites ur reqmt.

Else

If you going to use this concept on ur report only say selection-screen then the way ur going is correct .

Just refresh your reports and activate and check in the user profile whether the same parameter id not defined for some other field from the transaction su03 (as said above)

Hope this will help you.

Cheers

Sunny

Rewrd points ,if found helpful

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the parameter ID maintained in in table TPARA? If not you will have to add it via SM30 (and probably have to start the name with "Y" or "Z".

Rob