Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Parallel processing concern.

0 Kudos

Hello SAPients!

I modified some user exits. I'm modifying the contents of the IDoc WPUBON01. In the "Before Inbound Processing" I am exporting a value to memory, use that value in one of the user exits to populate VBRK-VBRP, and I'm clearing (FREE) that value in the "After Inbound Processing".

It works fine so far, but I haven't tested with many IDocs, just with one (I don't have enough data to generate a complete test). My concern is that the standard transaction that executes the IDocs is enabled for parallel processing. Does SAP generate separated memory areas for every process that is triggered? What is going to happen if one of the processes finishes and clears (FREE) the memory? Will this generate inconsistency?

Thanks in advance for your kind help.

3 REPLIES 3

0 Kudos

Any idea?

0 Kudos

I'm starting to have that feeling that tells me this is going to be one more unaswered questions for my collection.

0 Kudos

Well I almost answered a while ago, but we don't run Idocs so I can't test this... however, I have always found "export to memory id 'Z:MY_KEY' style logic very reliable in handling the type of requirement you describe e.g. several online sessions for the same SAPGui user will each get their own ID, multiple batch jobs can run at the same time without collision etc... whereas "set parameter ID 'Z12'" stype code is not reliable.

Jonathan