Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Only Get 999 Document Number to Clearing

William_Chi
Participant
0 Kudos

I have 4000 documents number based on a key in a Z table. All of the documents will be clearing using F-28. But when data throw to SAP, it's only can get 999 documents number, so the total becomes unbalance.

When I testing, actually in F-28 actually we can clear up to 999.999 documents number. Have you found this issue before? Any ideas of how can I selecting all 4000 documents in one-time selection.

Thanks,

William

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

William_Chi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all, found cause about this restriction. In Automatic Bank Statement, all clearing condition will be store in FEBCL table, this table has field CSNUM with the length of only 3 digits. So make line I can clearing is 999 line items.

So, I decided to changes ABAP code to define clearing condition. I use document range number to minimize line item in FEBCL.

Thank you so much for all help

8 REPLIES 8

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor

Well, this SAP Note explains the 999 limitation https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/0001933510 (logon required)

It provides some work arounds about configuring the clearing rules.

This wiki also provides some work arounds https://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ERPFI/System+limitation+of+999+line+items+per+FI+document but I am not sure it will help in your situation. I think the SAP Note I listed above is a better possibility.

0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for your references. I will check it, hopes can give a solution. I have discussed with the ABAP developer also using debugging, but dont have the solution.

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi williamchi

There is an inherent restriction for 999 line items in a FI Document in SAP. Y

You should clear the open items in batches of 999 line items and create a residual item and than include the residual item in next batch of 999 line items. I can think of this being the easiest way to work around this restriction

Thanks & Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Sanil Bhandari

0 Kudos

Hi Sanil,

Thanks for your response. This case not about 999 lines in a document. My case about when selecting from a Z table, it's only got 999 documents to clear. Actually, I have 4000 documents to clear in one-time.

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi williamchi

The below is an example of clearing document.

if you look at the field line item, the field length is only available for three characters in the accounting line item table

Due to this restriction, an accounting document with more than 999 line item cannot be posted including the clearing document since it is also a type of accounting journal. You would in such a case need to split it into multiple documents. You could look at clearing less than 999 items and create a residual item. There after you include the residual item in next lot of 999 line items and create one more residual item. You should continue clearing till all your 4000 line items are cleared probably in 4-5 steps of clearing rather than in one go.

The restriction on 999 line items is a system restriction and this cannot be changed.

Thanks & Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Sanil Bhandari

0 Kudos

Hi Sanil,

Thanks for your explanation. Really appreciate.

sanilbhandari
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi williamchi

If you issue has been addressed, please accept & close the discussion, so that it is useful to others in the community

Thanks & Regards

Sanil Bhandari

Sanil Bhandari

William_Chi
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all, found cause about this restriction. In Automatic Bank Statement, all clearing condition will be store in FEBCL table, this table has field CSNUM with the length of only 3 digits. So make line I can clearing is 999 line items.

So, I decided to changes ABAP code to define clearing condition. I use document range number to minimize line item in FEBCL.

Thank you so much for all help