Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to show messgae while pres 'ENTER' in TMG Events

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI All,       Need to validate Table events when user put some wrong entry in table and press enter have to show error message.i have used 05 event and code also attached here plz correct me coz its not working. Thanks Sankil

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankil,

Please use the Event 21 or Event 5, it should work. I think in your case Event 21 should work.

I hope it works. Let us know if it works.

Regards,
Sachin

PankajJain777
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sankil,

Go to your z table in edit mode-->table maintenance generator--->Environment-->Modification-->Events.

Create new event by giving event type and supply subroutine name write your logic in Form routine that will be executed when the event will fire.

Sijin_Chandran
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There might be some problem with assigning else the event 05 is the correct event for ENTER press.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sankil,

There are two ways to deal with this:

1.  Use events .. as you already saying you have used 05 try it with event 21 .

Second easy way.

a. Go to the function group you have defined in the TMG.

b. Open Function group in SE80.

c. Go to the screen

d. Choose the SCreen PAI for the screen you want to make chenage in.

e. Inside CHAIN ENDCHAIN right after all validation Module check_field\

f. It will show a pop up to select include in which you want to save the module create your own Zinclude so that even if you delete the TMG for some reason you code will be intact there.

g. writhe the validation inside the module and will work excellent for all teh cases.

h. Define this procedure in You Detailed design specification so that if someone delete TMG in future he will be knowing what modification you have done in Function group.

Let me know if you need any help on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Rahul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ccheck it once..it will work..surely..