Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to restrict values in F4 help for Batch Characteristic

Nik2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need to restrict values in F4 Help for a batch characteristic based on values entered for another characteristic. I could not find any BADI or Exit for this purpose. There is a BADI CACL_VALUE which is triggered after an entry is selected from dropdown list but nothing when we press F4. I thought of using Object Dependency but I need to write a programming logic for the requirement. Please let me know if there is any way to write program in Object Dependency or any other way for this requirement.

Regards,

Nikhil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi nikhil simha,

first of all, find out which search help is called.

[Hierarchy of the Search Help Call|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0b/32e9b798da11d295b800a0c929b3c3/frameset.htm]

may help you.

If you know the search help, you may enhance it, but first of all you should check the where-used-list and make sure that the search help shows the requested behavior only in the context where you want it to.

If it is your own program, you may be better off to create your own search help and define the triggering fields as search help interface input fields. Then you can use the values to filter results.

Regards

Clemens

3 REPLIES 3

former_member214857
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Nikhil

You can use Implice enhancement point to code this restriction directly at Search help exit.

Then you can code your restirctions.

Kind regards

Carlos Machado

Clemenss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi nikhil simha,

first of all, find out which search help is called.

[Hierarchy of the Search Help Call|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/0b/32e9b798da11d295b800a0c929b3c3/frameset.htm]

may help you.

If you know the search help, you may enhance it, but first of all you should check the where-used-list and make sure that the search help shows the requested behavior only in the context where you want it to.

If it is your own program, you may be better off to create your own search help and define the triggering fields as search help interface input fields. Then you can use the values to filter results.

Regards

Clemens

Nik2
Explorer
0 Kudos

There is no search help exit. The POV event is called in program SAPLCTMS screen 5100