Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Navigate from email to specific screen

tk_gerald
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have the requirement to send an email to the user regarding a specific task. In the email body it should be a link or attachment and we click on the link or attachment it should navigate to a specific screen. The email will be created via workflow and the screen via module pool program. I am having some difficulties on how to program the business object or workflow so that in the email body it should have the link/attachment to navigate to a specific screen.

Does anyone has an example or something similar, as I was researching on internet on how to do this, but no luck so far.

Thank you all in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to display a SAP GUI screen, then I guess you should opt to attach a file SAP GUI Shortcut (.sap file). Search the forum for more information and revert back if you still have a question.

ThorstenHoefer
Active Contributor

Hi,

you can call a transaction in the sap web gui.

https://localhost/sap/bc/gui/sap/its/webgui?sap-client=200&~TRANSACTION=SE16

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm surprised that you didn't find any useful information in the Web, because there are lots of hits to this query, and all are same kind of discussions:

email hyperlink attachment start transaction site:sap.com