Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify internal table in dubug mode

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all, Sorry for my bad english.

I'm processing a debug for a program to correct some problems. My internal table is composed by about 16000 lines. I need just 20 lines having the same account number. The table is not sorted by that criteria.

I dot have possibility to madify code, so no sort modification is possible. I just have to find the problem, not to correct it !!!

+ QUESTION (1) : Is there any way to delete all lines having different account number ?

.............................SOLUTION I FOUND : In Structure Editor it is possible to delete line using (Ctrl + F9).

.............................PROBLEM : With 16000 Lines it takes a lot of time.

+ QUESTION (2) : Is it possible to delete many internal table lines in only once ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

soumya_jose3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using the new debugger you can delete lines of an internal table as follows:

1) select the internal table to see the table contents

2) Select the lines which you want to delete .

3) On the right hand side you can see a symbol "Services of the tool". Double click it , there u can see the option to delete lines.

If it is a classic debugger.

3) Press on the 'Delete' butto at the bottom.

Regards,

Soumya.

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the Debug mode, put Cursor on internal table and then

Goto->Display Data Object->Structure editor

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, you can't delete many line items in one go in debugging mode.

Only option is one needs to delete line by ine in debugging mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for answers,

FOR Saket Sharma

Structure Editor is a solution i have used (see post : part SOLUTION I FOUND)

Thanks.

soumya_jose3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are using the new debugger you can delete lines of an internal table as follows:

3) On the right hand side you can see a symbol "Services of the tool". Double click it , there u can see the option to delete lines.

If it is a classic debugger.

3) Press on the 'Delete' butto at the bottom.

Regards,

Soumya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if ur using ECC 6.0 u will be finding the tabstrup called Structure..their u can pass the values at runtime..

in SAP 4.7 you will be finding the tab Tables here u can pass the values...for internal table..at runtime..

Raghunath.S

antony_paul2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

Debugger allows you to save the entries to a spreadsheet.

Since you only need 20 entries to be in the internal table, you download the entries to first to EXCEL and filter using the required conditions. Then delete the entire contents from the Internal table using Table services icon Delete Table(FREE) & , enter the required entries one by one from the Excel using APPEND Row

Regards,

Antony

whonikita
0 Kudos

Hii,

In new debugger you can just open the internal table in debugging mode.

Then go to Services of the tool on the right and there select last option Delete whole table/ Row area and there you can select no of lines that you want to delete.

You can delete multiple lines in this way.

Thanks.