Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MARA-CARE_CODE & BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEREPLICA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Team ABAP,

there are some new field in MARA for textile stuff.

There are informations like washingcode, thumlingcode, drycleancode, wetcleancode, ironingcode, bleachcode, and 2 custom codes.

Those fields dont exist in Table mara tho.

I found a FM that explains how those fields are stored.

We have those 8 fields (6 standard and 2 custom) which are all char2 Fields which get concatenated and then stored in the field MARA-CARE_CODE.

When i use the according search help and pick for example Value '2', i have just the 2 in the field.

When i now try to post that into SAP using BAPI_MATERIAL_SAVEREPLICA i get the error "2 is not a valid value".

That error vanishes when i concatenate a '0' behind it.

So for washing_code 2 it works if i post 20 to the BAPI. When i view it in MM42 after that i can see that it worked like planned.

But when i pick washing code 'E', nothing helps.

I get error message for ' E', for 'E ', 'E0' and '0E'.

right now i am clueless what to do, there does not exist a cenversion Exit for said field and i have to assume same Problem for the other 5 Standard fields as well.

I hope some of you have an idea.

While this thread goes its way i am going to debug the BAPI and see where the error message gets processed and why.

Thanks for reading

Florian Kemmer

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian

Can you please check this FM WRF_CARE_CODES_CHECK_INTERNAL. If is doing the validation i believe from table WRF_CARE_TYPES

Hope it helps

Nabheet

2 REPLIES 2

nabheetscn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Florian

Can you please check this FM WRF_CARE_CODES_CHECK_INTERNAL. If is doing the validation i believe from table WRF_CARE_TYPES

Hope it helps

Nabheet

0 Kudos

Well this FM helped me to understand.

Thanks a LOT Nabsheet!