Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

I am running LSMW for the Customer Master upload. The development was done in our environment DV3, where everything worked fine. We then moved to QAC where again everything worked fine. After including modifications in DV3 we discovered that we are not able anymore to store the data in SAP, that is, we cannot store data created by scripts developed from recording like VD01 to include Sales Area. We have checked and no user exit is involved which could cause the problem. By the way the batch input created is stored in SM35. Running the batch input in foreground or background the result is the same no data stored. In the log we can see the message that the transaction was sucessful so it should have been stored. remember the problem exist in DV3 and to othe clients QAt150 and QAT141 which sames to be the same environment.

Please let me know asap if you have experienced the same and what solution has been used or if you have knowledge about what to look for or what to do.

Thanks in advance for your support,

Glenn H. Tjon Poen Gie

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi glenn,

U are facing a problem wherin all is working fine bt still ur database is not getting updated......

If i got u correct then the solution is.....

In the step "Maintain Field Mapping and Conversion Rules" u can define std routines by selecting

"Layout"(ctrl + F7) button on the Application toolbar.

In that chk out routine "__END_OF_TRANSACTION__"

Double click on it.... and write an ABAP stmt :" WAIT UP TO <n> SECONDS. "

The reason is ur system might be slow & load on the server is huge.....bcoz of which the

system is not getting enough time to update the db....include delay ....it could help you....

Plz revert in case of quries....i worked on cust master with lsmw....

regards,

ajit.

0 Kudos

HI Ajit,

I tried to apply the coding you mentioned in the lsmw, but it did not work. Can you maybe give me the coding you used in the processing time section of the lsmw.

Thank you

0 Kudos

Hi Glenn,

to see the coding: Please open your LSMW and press the button User Menu (1st from the left). Now you can edit your user menu and select i.e. Display Conversion Programm.

Does that help to follow Ajits hint?

Best regards

Stefan

0 Kudos

Good Day Stefan,

Thank you for your feedback. However, i think i might not have been clear in my question.

I created my LSMW and then

In the step "Maintain Field Mapping and Conversion Rules" u can define std routines by selecting

"Layout"(ctrl + F7) button on the Application toolbar.

In that chk out routine "__END_OF_TRANSACTION__"

Double click on it.... and write an ABAP stmt :" WAIT UP TO <n> SECONDS. "

I'm not a programmer, so i wrote the statement as Ajit mentioned. This did not give me any errors, however it does not wait for the next transaction. I wanted to know if the code is correct or if there is something else that i must do?

Also have you done something like this with an LSMW?

Kind regards

Emanuel

0 Kudos

Hi Emanuel,

sorry - I never did any coding in END_OF_TRANSACTION.

1. Could you send an example of the log of a "succesful" transaction.
  2. Perhaps the flow of screens is different in the systems, clients you mentioned above.
    • Could you verify this side by side to find a difference, espacially at the end?
    • Does the log look equal in the system with and without success?

Best regards

Stefan

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you entered it exactly like this

" WAIT UP TO <n> SECONDS. "

then you just added a comment

without the " it would probably end in a syntax error

you just have to write in case of 5 seconds :    WAIT UP TO 5 SECONDS.

unfortunately you hijacked this old discussion and just said you want insert this code, without giving any reason.

I actually do not see much sense to insert this code in LSMW conversion step, you are just making LSMW slow, but there is certainly no effect to the batch input which is created after the conversion program is ready.

0 Kudos

HI All,

Thank you all for your advice. Your comments are valid and noted.