Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LIPS vs VLPMA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using VLPMA(Delivery Index table for materials) to get delivery details using material number. But I am not getting some delivery numbers in table VLPMA  which are available in LIPS.

Both LIPS and VLPMA are not same ? How VLPMA get updates? Can't we use this table for better performance instead of LIPS?

Thanks,
Chandra.

2 REPLIES 2

former_member186660
Participant
0 Kudos

Good day Chandra,

I suggest you create a secondary index on table LIPS  for material number field.

That should score some significant performance.

Regards,

Tumelo Modise

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandra,

Before you go off and add a secondary index to LIPS, it might be worth checking if VLPMA is configured correctly to create entries for all delivery items. The configuration is held in table TVIND which you should be able to check with SE16n. Deliveries fall under transaction group 6, so check that material indexes are being maintained for that group. If you find that this is not configured correctly, it is possible to enable this configuration in SPRO under this path: Sales & Distribution -> Sales -> Lists -> Set Updating of Item Index.

Once you've confirmed that the index is properly configured, you may need to run an additional report to reorganize the indexes. That report is RVV05IVB. The reason you might need to run this is that the material indexes are created as deliveries are created based on the configuration. Any deliveries created while the index config was disabled will not be included in that table unless the report is run.

If you find that none of these steps help, there is an outside chance there is a bug in your system that is addressed by note 193062. This note is very old though so this would really only apply if the system you are working on is very old.

Overall, I'd recommend finding a way to get VLPMA to work as its primary purpose is to find delivery items by material number. When it does work, it offers excellent performance, most likely superior to LIPS even if LIPS has a secondary index.

Thanks,

Brian