Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Idoc functions: SHPMNT05 and DELVRY01

0 Kudos

We would like to update delivery information preferably from the SHPMNT05 idoc without PGI'ing it, however when the idoc is processed, the delivery information (eg: Actual PGI date, Inco Terms, etc) are not updated.  Is there a setting that I am missing to get these to update?  Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi James,

SHPMNT05 is meant for shipments. not delivery. Use SHPCON message type type with DELVRY03 Idoc type. Please use E1EDL18-QUALF = "CHG" to change the delivery details. Please note if you are not doing PGI , actual PGI date will not be updated.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Rudra

0 Kudos

Thank you Rudra.  Sorry for my late reply. 

We were not using this idoc type and it took a while to set up.  Nonetheless when I tried this, it still does not seem to recognize the "CHG" qualifier.  I had thought the inco terms should be updated, but it did nothing.

Any other suggestions?  Must we write a user exit to do this?

Thank you.

Jim

0 Kudos

Hi James,

I am afraid the incoterm is not going to be updated as standard as there is not code written to transfer the incoterm to the header delivery structure in posting fm IDOC_INPUT_DELVRY. I think user exit would be only solution unless somebody wants to go for a total custom solution.

Regards,

Rudra

0 Kudos

Thanks Rudra...  I suspected this.  I think we will then use the DELVRY01 idoc type as today and add user exits there.

Regards.

Jim