Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDoc types conversion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm investigating the possibility of using ALE for transfering R/3 data to ECC system. But I have following questions:

1. Is it possible to convert one IDoc to several IDocs? I mean source system send 1 IDOC and on reciever it converts into several IDocs.

2. If I change IDOC structure (e.g add a segment) should I change functional module that proceed this IDOC type?

Regards,

Tatiana

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use a BPM for your scenario.

If your scenario does not involve IDOCs then you could have skipped the BPM part, but now no way. But dont worry too much. Your BPM will be really simple.

Steps in your BPM

1. Receive

2. Transformation

3. Send

see the below links

IDoc Packages without BPM

take a look at the note : 814393.

Also see the below links

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/09/xiidoc-message-packages

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

How to serialize IDoc XML messages fed into XI - /people/community.user/blog/2006/11/04/how-to-serialize-idoc-xml-messages-fed-into-xi

Just have a look at Michal's blog for IDOC bundling.

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

<b>Reward points</b>

Regards

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You have to use a BPM for your scenario.

If your scenario does not involve IDOCs then you could have skipped the BPM part, but now no way. But dont worry too much. Your BPM will be really simple.

Steps in your BPM

1. Receive

2. Transformation

3. Send

see the below links

IDoc Packages without BPM

take a look at the note : 814393.

Also see the below links

/people/stefan.grube/blog/2006/09/18/collecting-idocs-without-using-bpm

/people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/09/xiidoc-message-packages

/people/jin.shin/blog/2006/02/07/multi-mapping-without-bpm--yes-it146s-possible

How to serialize IDoc XML messages fed into XI - /people/community.user/blog/2006/11/04/how-to-serialize-idoc-xml-messages-fed-into-xi

Just have a look at Michal's blog for IDOC bundling.

<b>Reward points</b>

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

<b>1)</b>

yes it is very much possible to break ur idoc into multiple packets but it is not advisable and 1 more thing the receiving system will get single idoc.

<b>2)</b>

yes u will have to change the code as u will have to fill the idoc using function module .u have changed the idoc structure probably u will have to write the code acc for that

regards

ravish

<b>plz dont forget to reward points if helpful</b>

former_member235056
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

A damp good site for entire ale/idoc tutorial.

<a href="http://abapcode.blogspot.com/">http://abapcode.blogspot.com/</a>

Pls do reward points.

Regards,

Ameet