Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Idoc status 26 becoz E1EDK04 repeating more than the maximum time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am getting an idoc in status 26. The idoc is of basic type - ORDERS05 and message type -ORDRSP . When I checked through the segment structure I found out that E1EDK04 which is defined to appear for a maximum of 10 times is appearing more than that.

What can be done in this issue? If any of you have come across this situation do help me.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have encountered the same situation and was wondering how you approached the solution.

Thanks,

Jim

former_member438956
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Smitha,

The maximum occurance for the segment E1EDK04 is 10 and the standard prog makes sure tht it does not repeat more than 10. Please check if in some user exit are u manually adding the E1EDK04 segment or if u r implementing a third party tax system then it adds its own tax condition from X1 to X6 and SAP adds its own tax condition also so it gets repeated more than 10.

wht u can do is, in exit u can delete all those E1EDK04 segments whose value is 0 or delete unwanted tax conditions so that it is not more than 10.

Hope it will solve ur problem.

Regards,

Anil N.

0 Kudos

Actually, it appears to me that IDOC_ORDERS_ORDRSP will allow more than 10 E1EDK04 segments if the corresponding order has more than 10 unique tax conditions.

Like you said, we are using a third-party tax system that adds conditions X1 through X6 onto each line item. Some inter-company orders have multiple tax jurisdictions, so, at the header, we have conditions X1 through X6 but for multiple tax jurisdictions. Sometimes we end up with 12 or 18 E1EDK04 segments (depending on the number of tax jurisdictions on the order). Why would SAP limit this segment to 10 occurrences?

Short of using a user exit to eliminate redundant E1EDK04 segments or creating or own ORDERS05 variant, I'm wondering if there is another solution to minimize the number of E1EDK04 before they are created.

Thanks,

Jim