Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to restrict particular T-code from different users

former_member716571
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

Assume one server having access for 10 users, i want to give access of MM01 tcode to single user, is it possible using PFCG tcode or is there any other way to achieve this ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello bhanu_yerramreddy

That's exactly what SAP authorization roles are for. You define them in PFCG and assign to the users. In you case you should have a role that gives access to MM01 and assign that to the chosen user. All the other uses should have roles(s) without access to MM01.

We are just barely scratching the surface of the authorization management concept. However the basic idea is that you give access to business functions with PFCG roles.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

3 REPLIES 3

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello bhanu_yerramreddy

That's exactly what SAP authorization roles are for. You define them in PFCG and assign to the users. In you case you should have a role that gives access to MM01 and assign that to the chosen user. All the other uses should have roles(s) without access to MM01.

We are just barely scratching the surface of the authorization management concept. However the basic idea is that you give access to business functions with PFCG roles.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

You are right sandra.rossi I've updated my response. Thank you.

Dominik Tylczynski

former_member612251
Participant
0 Kudos

Go to PFCG > Create a role > add MM01 > Save the role > generate the role > go to SU01 > assign the new role to the user.