Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to localyse the text enhancements ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

I want to do a text enhancement for a data element . But the new text should be applicable to only one particular screen , but not to all the screens where ever this Data element is being used ? How can I localyse the text chnages for data elements to a particular screen and program ?

Thanks ,

Dharma .

4 REPLIES 4

former_member589029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you change the label text(s) for a data element through CMOD it applies to all places where that data element is used. The only way to change the text for a specific screen only is directly changing the text on that screen only. But that would not be an enhancement but a modification. However for certain transactions there are tools available through which you can achieve this without a modification (like BDT for business partner screens). What screen are you trying to change?

Michael

0 Kudos

Hi Michael ,

I think there will be a way as we do in fileld exits(Local field exits ) . I hope there would be a button called " ref/assign screen" similar to filed exits . can any body help how we can limit the Text change to particular screen .

Thanks ,

Dharma .

Former Member
0 Kudos

while declaring part itself u can assign user defined name right...................no need to go for text enhancement .........................

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to cmod

in menu bar ....select menu option as below

goto.....> textenhancements......>keywords ......> change .......

give u r data element name there .....eg:matnr

it will let u into a screen.....where u can modify the text description there make sure that it is Short field label,Medium Field Label,Long field label,Heading,Short Text......

make change as per u r relavence and save it........

the change will directly reflect in the database ......

if u go check in the mara table .....check the description of matnr .....u can find the change u have did....

Input field here for you is field KATRX(whatever fieldname you have given in tthe data element text-element. In the example it is data element is ebeln, so input field is EBELN, for you input field is KATRX, so just replace ebeln with katrx and go with the flow. If any problem arises let me know and send me your email address. I will do it and send you the screenshots.

Go to this site and see the steps involved in text enhancements

http://www.sapdevelopment.co.uk/enhance/fexits.htm

reward points if helpful....