Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find where Message type of delivery is located at vl03n?

shiz0frenik
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,experts.
How to find a list of message type of delivery at vl03n.
It displays after Outbound Delivery -> Issue Delivery output.

By finding a list i mean where does sap stores a messages types for different deliveries.

I found a table XNAST in debugger. And it fills with values automaticly after i entrying inside of 'RV_MESSAGES_READ' at LVMSGU12

and i don't understand why cause there is no such paramets with type similar to xnast

11 REPLIES 11

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ddic structure of XNAST is VNAST (with header line) and a FM such as RV_MESSAGES_GET fill this structure.

0 Kudos

vnast is empty after starting fm.
How it can fill an Xnast, if i don't put it into parametrs.
I found it deppends on setting in vv22 t-code.
I create a new message type with same paramets with message type i already had, and i get it after pressing Outbound Delivery -> Issue Delivery.
But now i have a problem it doesn't displays if the order type of delivery (BSART) is different.And don't understand how the connection between order type and message type at vv22 works

0 Kudos

VNAST is a ddic structure, it will never contain data. The underlying database table is NAST.

0 Kudos

Thanks, but how to insert values into Nast with message type i need, i think it deppends on setting in vv22 and spro, as i told : i coppied a message type and try to get it at vl03n
it displays with one order type(BSART) and dosen't with another.

0 Kudos

So your actual requirement is triggering a custom output for some outbound delivery

• Do you get an error message within VL02n if you add the output manually
  • Did you check the output type Customizing

0 Kudos

i don't understand which kind of error u r talking about. After entrying a delivery number
and Outbound Delivery -> Issue Delivery I'm getting a list of message types, which as u sad stored at Nast table and it's impossible to select a message type which is not in Nast.
I think it appears in nast after creating a delivery, but not sure. How to understand which concrete message types would be insert into Nast after creating a delivery.
I've got a lot of message types, but not all of them are getting into nast and displaying at vl02n after.
It deppends on delivery setting, and i want to know where does BSART connects to message type.

0 Kudos
  • For a quick test: Call VL02N, navigate in the menu to Extra, Delivery Output, Header. Try to add your Output Type (with correct Medium, function, Partner, Language) do you get an error?
  • Check your output/message Customizing (Tr. NACE for V2, etc.)

0 Kudos

it doesn't allow to add.
I go to Output types in Nace, there are a lot of message types, which as i told displaying depending on delivery settings

0 Kudos

Did you already check 'Condition Records'and 'Procedures / Control' and 'Access sequence' related to the required Output Type?

thilakan_t
Participant
0 Kudos

Check NAST table in SE16/SE16N.

Application = V2 for delivery and Object number = 10 character alpha numeric number.

shiz0frenik
Participant
0 Kudos

was solved by adding message type to correct group:
Logistics Execution ->Shipping -> Basic Shipping Functions -> Output Control

-> Output Determination -> Maintain Output Determination for Outbound Deliveries

-> Maintain Output Determination Procedure.