Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to find the source code of the error thrown in ME22n

former_member185116
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

while blocking a PO item in ME22N, we are getting following error,

"There is still Purchase Requisition Commitment"

is it a standard error, if yes how do i overcome this..

or else is it a custom error, if it is a custom error how do i find in which exit, BADI and Implicit enhancement it was written..

i have checked all the available exits and BADIs , but did not find the above error..

is there any other way by which i can find the source of the error , like in which exit or BADI or Implicit enhancement the error code had been written..

thanks in advance..

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

Click on 'display message' icon in the application bar, click on the '?' icon, read the long text and note the id of the message (e.g. KO 448) perform a where-used and you should find a CO FM such as those of function group KORE.

Else you could add a break-point in method cl_message_mm=>create or in debug at statement MESSAGE.

5 REPLIES 5

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

I don't see the message in your screenshot. Maybe it's a case where you can display its message ID, ABAP location and so on...

FredericGirod
Active Contributor

Put a break point on a specific message number

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor

For what it's worth - this looks like message KO448 - There is still a purchase requisition commitment for &

Maybe the OP did not provide the exact text.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

Click on 'display message' icon in the application bar, click on the '?' icon, read the long text and note the id of the message (e.g. KO 448) perform a where-used and you should find a CO FM such as those of function group KORE.

Else you could add a break-point in method cl_message_mm=>create or in debug at statement MESSAGE.

NTeunckens
Active Contributor

You Could use an ABAP-Debugger "Watchpoint" using SY-MSGTY = 'E', so the Debugger will stop at the First Occurrence of an Error ... (Some resources : here / here)