Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to determine the release state of a function module at runtime?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I need to find out whether SAP has released a function module (its name is known as a string) for external use or not.

At the moment the only way I know is to view the function module's attributes (e.g. using SE37) but I have to do this check at runtime with abap code.

I already found out about the table TFDIR but the column FREEDATE seems to be rarely maintained.

Do you know any other table or method to obtain the release state?

Regards,

Robin

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Try the table RODIR with filter OBJECTTYPE = FUNC

Regards,

Paulo.

5 REPLIES 5

arindam_m
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be the entries in table ENLFDIR with FREEDATE field as Blank or initial are the ones that are Obsolete or Not Released. I just checked the table with few usual suspects the result was

But yes you might have to club Obsolete and unreleased in a single list if the EXTEN5 field is not populated(as i see for my case don't know why ). The values in that as provided in F4 help are:

But as in my small case GUI_UPLOAD is released, ITS_UPLOAD is not but not obsolete and WS_UPLOAD is Obsolete.

Cheers,

Arindam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Robin,

Try the table RODIR with filter OBJECTTYPE = FUNC

Regards,

Paulo.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I could not find ITS_DOWNLOAD in that table is there something that needs to be done to get it into that.

Cheers,

Arindam

0 Kudos

Hi.

I think, you can only find function modules in RODIR that have been released anytime.

In RODIR you can find, if they are still released.

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

OK. Thanks