Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Barcodes!!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

I'm having problems to print a barcode from a sapscript, I choose a barcode from the transaction se73, I choosed "BARCLVS" and "C128A_00", and both did not work, I also create one with the option "New barcode technology" and the other with "old system barcode", and both did not work too.

I assigned it to the form and I create a character format <BC> with the barcode I create, but it did not work, 'cause when I print it, in the print preview appears the barcode, but in the label doesn't appear.

So please if anybody can tell me what's wrong with my process, also I'm using a Zebra Printer and the basis named it ACZE in windows but in SAP it is named LB_ZEB the same printer.

Please Help Me!!!!!

Thanks for your time.

6 REPLIES 6

RichHeilman
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

First, to print a barcode using SAPscript you have to

implement a software solution or a hardware solution.

In my case, we have a DIMM card installed in all of our printers which need to print barcodes. I've heard that there is a software solution as well.

You mentioned that you are using a zebra printer. In this case, you don't need to do anything special. Nor do you need to embed a barcode in your sapscript. Are you using the ZPLII language in your sapscript? This is how you define the layout of your label for zebra printers. All you do, is have a MAIN window in your sapscript form and then have all of the ZPLII printer code inside the window. The CODE defines the label. The CODE defines the barcode.

Here is a sample of our ZPLII code. The code that does

the barcode is in BOLD.

^MNN                                                              
^XA                                                               
^FT90,100^A0N,50,50^FDMaterial Group:^FS                          
^FT440,100^A0N,50,50^FD&IMARA-MATKL&^FS                           
^FT715,100^A0N,50,50^FDMaterial:^FS                               
^FT915,100^A0N,50,50^FD&IMARA-MATNR&^FS                           
IF &IMARA-MATNR& NE ' '.                                          
<b>^FO90,150^B3N,N,100,Y,N^FD&IMARA-MATNR&^FS     </b>                   
ENDIF.                                                            
^FT90,350^A0N,50,50^FDDesc:^FS                                    
^FT240,350^A0N,50,50^FD&IMAKT-MAKTX&^FS                           
^FT90,450^A0N,50,50^FDPO #:^FS                                    
^FT240,450^A0N,50,50^FD&IEKPO-EBELN&^FS                           
^FT715,450^A0N,50,50^FDWO #:^FS                                   
^FT865,450^A0N,50,50^FD&IAFKO-AUFNR&^FS                           
^FT90,550^A0N,50,50^FDBin:^FS                                     
^FT240,550^A0N,50,50^FD&IMARD-LGPBE&^FS                           
^FT715,550^A0N,50,50^FDStd Pr:^FS                                 
^FT865,550^A0N,50,50^FD&IMBEW-STPRS&^FS                           
^FT90,650^A0N,50,50^FDDate:^FS                                    
^FT240,650^A0N,50,50^FD&DATE&^FS                                  
^XZ                                                                                

Regards,

Rich Heilman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reich!

Thanks for your comment, but we're not using ZPLII language, and I'm still not getting the barcode printed, so what else can I do to make SAP print the barcode.

I'll really appreciate if anybady can help me!

Thanks and Regards.

Guillermo Españ

0 Kudos

Is anything showing up on your label? What model printer are you using. I was under the impression that the zebra printer must have the ZPLII printer code in order to print anything.

Regards,

Rich Heilman

former_member221770
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I too thought that if you are using SAPscript, you must produce the label in ZPLII code, but with SmartForms you can use the printer driver?

I have used a Zebra Printer to produce barcode labels, but I was using SmartForms. From my understanding, you can use SmartForms which in turn use the printer drivers (LB_ZEB - which are installed by the BASIS team) to convert the output into ZPLII language for the printer.

Had this working no problem.

If it's not too late, maybe you could use SmartForms instead?

I believe Zebra has a product called Bar-One (or BarTender??) that allows you to design labels as well.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Pat.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again Rich.

Yes, the printer prints only text, but not barcode, I'm using a Zebra TLP 2844.

Thanks and regards.

Guillermo

0 Kudos

It appears that this model of zebra printer does not support ZPLII, its core language is EPL2. Did it come with a programmers guide for EPL2?

Here is the link to the zebra printer page. Please check the documentation and the programmer's guide to see if it helps you.

http://www.zebra.com/id/zebra/na/en/index/products/printers/desktop/tlp2844.4.tabs.html

Again, our SAPscripts contain the ZPLII code that I mentioned above, that's it, the label is printed from the ZPLII printer code embedded in the sapscript.

Regards,

Rich Heilman