Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FRICEW Objects in HANA Studio

Kanagaraja_L
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

My Team is developing FRICEW Objects and the Backend is HANA, I need your advice whether I utilized HANA properly or Not

The Major development categories are

1. .Net Calls ABAP - Used RFC enebled Function Module for all my 3rd Party Interfaces. i.e. Creating OTC, PTP in SAP based on 3rd Party system's Input.
  2. ABAP Calls Oracle DB - Used Native SQL/DBACOCKPIT for Direct DB access of 3rd Party Oracle DB. i.e. Whenever the Vendor is created in SAP then the similar information is made in Oracle DB also.
  3. Reports / Forms - Used ABAP Editor for all my Reports development, but not used any stored procedure at HANA level. My Customer is asking why can't you develop your Reports in HANA Studio?.

Performing Code Inspector Check for all the Indivitual objects with the below standard Global check variants

• FUNCTIONAL_DB
  • FUNCTIONAL_DB_ADDITION

Awaiting for your valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Reagards,

Kanagaraja Lokanathan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

custodio_deoliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'll start with point 3: you don't have to use stored procedures / SQLscript in all your reports, although you probably should at least try and compare performance. To develop ABAP stuff in HANA Studio you need to install .

Cheers,

Custodio

4 REPLIES 4

custodio_deoliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'll start with point 3: you don't have to use stored procedures / SQLscript in all your reports, although you probably should at least try and compare performance. To develop ABAP stuff in HANA Studio you need to install .

Cheers,

Custodio

0 Kudos

Hi Custodio,

Was just gone through the mentioned link,

Even in the above link the project is created in ABAP Workbench connecting from HANA Studio.

I don't think so there is much difference in developing reports using ABAP Workbench or HANA Studio using HANA DB.

Please correct me If I am wrong.

Thanks & Reagards,

Kanagaraja Lokanathan

0 Kudos

Hana Studio is just the IDE, the artifacts (programs, classes, etc) will reside in ABAP Workbench anyway. Yes, for the majority of the cases there is no difference, but there are some stuff that you cannot do in se80, ie implement AMDP (ABAP Managed Database Procedures), which are ABAP objects classes that implement SQLscript procedures. You will need eclipse/ HANA Studio for these ones.

0 Kudos

As Custodio said, HANA Studio is just an IDE similar to SAP GUI. You may use it to connect different SAP systems, however all development objects(reports, function modules, RFCs, classes etc.,) will reside in respective SAP systems only. If you use HANA as a Database alone and you do not use any features like Procedures etc., then there is no difference in developing reports using ABAP Workbench or HANA Studio.