Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flex on BSP

former_member199581
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi there,

I'm new to Flex development and since I've not access to an FlashIsland-enabled system, I'm trying to develop a little application to be embedded in a BSP page.

I've a WDA application that it's a substitute of the Job Monitor transaction SM37.

From there, the user is able to click a link that points to a BSP that embeds a Flex component that shows a Line Chart of the duration of the selected Job during 7 days.

Inside the Flex component I call another page of the BSP app that renders into an XML file information that I've to show in the Chart.

The problem is that I have to hardcode the URL to the page inside my Flex component, but I will prefer to avoid it.

I'm wondering how can I get the caller URL inside the Fx component, in order to dynamically build the URL to be called and fetch data.

Anyone can help me?

Thanks a lot,

R.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you loading the SWF into the mime repository of the BSP page if yes, then just use relative url in your call from flex.

Regards

Raja

5 REPLIES 5

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you loading the SWF into the mime repository of the BSP page if yes, then just use relative url in your call from flex.

Regards

Raja

0 Kudos

Hi Durairaj,

yes, I'll upload the SWF in the MIME repository of the BSP page.

The logic behind this will be a BSP app containing 2 pages, one "index" page and one with the embedded flex component.

I'll try with the relative URL then, is there a snippet to implement this in flex?

0 Kudos

is this the same BSP which has the page to provide data in xml

if yes in flex during design/testing time use the complete url . once you are ready then change it to relative url (in this case just the page.xml) and compile it. now load the compiled swf into the MIME repository of your BSP and use it.

Regards

Raja

0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Durairaj!

Cheers,

R.

0 Kudos

[Click here|http://www.bulentevli.com/doc/documan4.asp]

You can get more information.

regards