Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Finding Source Codes where a Particular Message Is Used??

former_member445996
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there a good way to find out the Programs, FM, BAPIs, etc where a particular message number is used?

I am trying to find source codes where the mesage TD 463 is used. I am getting this error by RSNAST00 program. It is used somewhere either in an include or some FM or BAPI called within those includes included in RSNAST00.

I have tried to search for it in RSNAST00 but couldn't find it.

Any idea how I can find the places where this message is used globally or at least in RSNAST00 and it's sub sources.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Goto SE91, give ur message class <b>TD</b> and your message no <b>463</b>, click on Display button. Place the cursor on the message no 463 and click on Where used list (CTRLSHIFTF3). A popup opens and click ok.

This gives the list of programs, transactions in which message no is used.

In that list, check for your program RSNAST00. Click display button.

Regards,

Sailaja.

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the msg. is TD 463, then TD is the message class and 463 is the msg. number. Hence go to tx. se91 and in the message class field enter TD and use the WHERE-USED-LIST function in the application menu. This will give you the desired result.

Reward points if convinced with the answer.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aurang,

Most of the time MESSAGE NUMBERS are not hard coded in the standard SAP programs. The where used list in TCode SE91 will only list the hard code usage of the corresponding message. The only way, i think, is to debug the code.

Thanks and Regards,

Bharat Kumar Reddy.V

Message was edited by: Bharat Reddy V

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Goto SE91, give ur message class <b>TD</b> and your message no <b>463</b>, click on Display button. Place the cursor on the message no 463 and click on Where used list (CTRLSHIFTF3). A popup opens and click ok.

This gives the list of programs, transactions in which message no is used.

In that list, check for your program RSNAST00. Click display button.

Regards,

Sailaja.