Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Execute variant transaction without access to original

0 Kudos

Hi - we have a variant transaction based on ME21N which executes, but we can also execute the original SAP transaction eg ME21N.

How can I remove that original SAP transaction from the user yet still allow them to execute the Z_ME21N transaction created ?

3 REPLIES 3

former_member85790
Participant
0 Kudos

Access to Z_ME21N and ME21N should be independent. Unless you've taken specific steps to add a default S_TCODE authorization for ME21N to your custom transaction (via SU24), then it would seem this transaction is being granted separately, either elsewhere in your role menu or via another role.

You would need to track down where the ME21N access is being granted. After that you should be able to remove it with no impact on use of Z_ME21N, as long as its default authorizations have been properly maintained.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Transactions can be added to role using role menu (then they are sutomatically added to S_TCODE) or manually direct in S_TCODE object.Search for roles with S_TCODE TCD =ME21N in SUIM for affected user and correct found roles (remove transaction from menu of from S_TCODE).

hmnsh_grwl
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Since you want to remove ME21N, I'm assuming that , there is no dependency on transaction ME21N.

Use SUIM and check if ME21N is still there in any role. OR use table AGR_1251 and enter ME21N in field value , TCD in field name and S_TCODE in Object and check usage of ME21N in your system.

After that you can easily revoke access of ME21N.