Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error while releasing Transport request number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Whenever i release the Transport request from SE01 i am getting the following error. Please view the attached image . Could you please explain about that error ? and how can i prevent it in future ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member183073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

where is the error in image?

when you release a transport it takes some time releasing all the objects during that time its shows red color(is it that you are speaking about?), you have to refresh to check the updated status of the transport log, it will show red until the transport is released and on successfull release it becomes green, if you keep refreshing the log. this is normal its not an error.

14 REPLIES 14

former_member226419
Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you please check all the tasks and objects under the TR are active or not?

0 Kudos

Yeah it is in active Sumeet. whenever i release the request number it shows one dialog screen  "Object contains error "  with continue and cancel option if i give continue it shows the error mentioned in the attached image. But when i am clicking back button (F3) it shows released successfully. It is working fine in quality as well. but i want o know why it is displaying error while i am releasing from development (SE01).??

0 Kudos

I think you've attached the wrong image.

former_member185177
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthi,

Before releasing the Transport, Right click -> click on "Sort & Compress" and then try to release your transport.

Hope it resolves your issue.

Regards,

Krishna Chaitanya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What error?  Does the export step stay in this status and never set to complete?

Export in not instant, while the transport files are being created the log will show the step in 'In Process', hit refresh and it will eventualy go green (or red or yellow, depending if there was a problem).

Let me know if I'm missing the point of the question.

Regards,

Nick

former_member183073
Active Participant
0 Kudos

where is the error in image?

when you release a transport it takes some time releasing all the objects during that time its shows red color(is it that you are speaking about?), you have to refresh to check the updated status of the transport log, it will show red until the transport is released and on successfull release it becomes green, if you keep refreshing the log. this is normal its not an error.

former_member187748
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

just refresh it many times, it will be ok.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends i refreshed now it is okay , But my question is it is normal or there is any inconsistencies in my request number ? it will always show like this or sometime only ?

0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

its just a normal behavior, don't be panic for it.

Reasons are behind it, but its usual

0 Kudos

Seems like you have some dependent objects which are not collected in your transport.

0 Kudos

its normal, this is just a log of Tranport Release, you need to keep refreshing. though its not mandatory but we need to check it just ensure that the release process did not end up in errors.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From the picture it is seen that the message appears during preparation for export.

At this stage, object directory for the objects will be adjusted and the objects will get new version generated.

But is this appearing as an error, what is the final log and is the objects getting imported or not?

Could you please elaborate?

Former Member
0 Kudos

At starting it shows warning like " Your object contains error continue or cancel " but if i proceed with continue after completion of the releasing process it shows (0) successfully completed but not with an error message. As said i might have used any dependent object. by reading all of your answer i could understand that this is not sever problem. But i would like to understand this process very clearly . All i want to know is

how to release the request without any inconsistencies?

and which is the best way, ?

is there any  requisition before i initiate releasing ?

0 Kudos

Yah before releasing of the TR, i check the following.

Display Inactive Objects

Request Consistency

Sort and Compress can be usefull in case you have included multiple trs in a single one or in case when multiple tasks exist in a tr and you own all the tasks before releasing so there will be multiple instances for a single object, sort and compress will remove the redundency and leave the latest version of the every object.