Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enhancing inbound process

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi everybody,

When we extend an idoc type we will enhace the outbound ale function module MASTERIDOC_CREATE_<messagetype>. Like the same way in inbound process what is the ale function module that need to be enhaced, so that the extended idoc data can be posted.

thanks in advance,

regards,

mounika.

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

It is not necessary to create a new inbound function. Check the existing inbound function for usr exits. If the function has any user exits you could use them to post the data in the extra segments added to the idoc type.

If you have to create a new function refer the link http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/78/21750b51ce11d189570000e829fbbd/content.htm

-Kiran

Please mark useful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kiran,

like i checked the inbound function module IDOC_INBOUND_<messagetype> but it does'nt have any exits. so

what to do now?

please let me know.

thanks,

mounika.

0 Kudos

Hey,

You need to create a copy of the existing function and add logic to post the data in the extra segments.

Which message type are you using?

-Kiran

*Please mark useful answers

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kiran,

thanks for ur reply. the message type i am using is DEBMAS. I check the function module IDOC_INPUT_DEBITOR for the exit pools. but i didn't find the one.

well now i will try to follow as said. if any other better option please let me know.

moreover i check almost all the message type's function modules like "IDOC_INPUT_<message type>", but i didn't find exit pools in any of those.

thanx,

regards,

mounika.